Location and Schedule
Polk County Festival
May 28-20, 2021
Cleveland Heights Golf Course
2900 Buckingham Ave,
Lakeland, FL 3380
Saturday, May 29
8:00 a.m. Start time
This competition is open to male and female golfers of all ages. It will serve as a qualifying event for the 2021 Florida Senior Games, to be held December 4-12, 2021 in the Greater Fort Lauderdale.
Florida Senior Games Qualifying Rules
Top 5 golfers, age 50 and above, in each of the men’s and women’s Florida Senior Games age groups will qualify for the 2021 Florida Senior Games.
1. 18 Hole Golf entry fee is $80 and includes an event t-shirt, greens fees, cart fees and lunch. T-shirts will be distributed on-site at designated competition check-in time.
2. All entries must be received by May 21, 2021. Late entries may be accepted at the discretion of the Event Director. Athletes registering after May 21, 2021 will not be guaranteed a t-shirt and may be subject to a $10 late fee.
3. Golfers must provide their own clubs and balls.
4. Golf cart use during official competition is mandatory.
5. Foursome assignments will be made by the Event Director.
6. PGA members may compete as long as they are not on the PGA Tour and adhere to the definition of a professional. The Florida Sports Foundation has the right to determine professional status.
1. The tournament will be 18-hole medal play. Handicaps are not used.
2. Fourth place ribbons will be awarded in addition to Gold, Silver and Bronze medals.
3. Prizes will be given for men and women best overall score.
1. This tournament will be conducted in accordance with United States Golf Association (USGA) rules, except as modified herein. Local rules will also be in effect.
2. Spectators are permitted on the course but must remain at least 25 feet away from tee boxes, fairways and greens. A limited number of rental carts will be available on a first come basis.
3. Caddies are not permitted.
4. USGA rules regarding coaching will be strictly enforced.
5. USGA rules regarding pace of play will be observed.
6. Range finders of any type are permitted.
7. In the event of a tie between 1st, 2nd and 3rd place, the USGA tie-breaking procedure of matching scorecards will be implemented. The player with the best score on the last nine holes will win the higher medal. If players have the same score for the last 9 holes, the last 6 holes will be compared, then 3 holes and then finally the 18th hole.
8. Dress Code: Men must wear slacks or shorts excluding denim jeans, bathing suits or trunks. Shirts must be worn at all times and must have sleeves. No cutoffs, tank-top shirts, muscle shirts or commercial tee shirts will be allowed. Appropriate mock turtleneck and turtleneck shirts are allowed. Women must wear appropriate tops, skirts, culottes or shorts excluding cut-off jeans, bathing suits and workout attire. Appropriate tops do not include halter-tops or tank tops. Soft spikes or tennis shoes are the only acceptable footwear.
9. No personal coolers or any food or beverage products not supplied by the club are allowed on the course.
CLICK HERE for Hotel Information
To register for the 2021 Sunshine State Games Golf tournament, CLICK HERE.
FSF Staff Contact
(850) 577-7207 or firstname.lastname@example.org