Locations and Schedule
Friday, May 17-Sunday, May 19, 2019
Pine Island Park
320 S Pine Island Rd.
Plantation, Florida 33324
Plantation Central Park
9151 NW 2nd St.
Plantation, Florida 33324
Tournament Website: http://www.SunshineLAX.com
8 and Under
10 and Under
12 and Under
14 and Under
High School A, B, B2
Lower School (New Division)
- 2 – 22-minute running halves all games will start and end on a horn.
- 2 Minute halftime, 4 minutes Between Games
- Overtime will be decided with a Braveheart 2 Field Players and a Goalie (Championship Games will have 10-minute sudden victory overtime; each team will be allowed 1 time out. if no team scores we will go to a Braveheart)
- Each team is guaranteed four games.
- Divisions are Determined by US Lacrosse age guidelines. If a team is caught cheating, they will need to forfeit the games played and the player(s) that is not eligible will not be allowed to play in the remainder of the games
- Players can only play on one team.
- Teams that leave the tournament early not completing their game will not be invited back to the Sunshine State Games unless it is agreed upon by both opponents.
- The tournament Reserves the right to shorten games, extend games, or cancel games due to inclement weather or injury.
Seeding and Tie Breakers
Playoff format will be determined based on the number of entries per division. Seeding will be determined by Record, Head to Head, Goals against, then Goals for. Exception may apply in a 3-way tie breaker. Please refer the Tie Breaker Explainedin detail page
Game Rules and Penalties
- 1 – 1-minute time out per half, (no time out in the last 2 minutes of game)
- Penalties are 1.5 of the infraction time. Time out can be called; penalty time will stop but the game clock will continue.
- U9 – Penalties will be a fast break, Max 54″ long poles are allowed. 10-v-10 format
- There is a 6-goal mercy rule. The losing team has the option to receive the ball after a goal or continue to face off.
Rules Specific to Girls
- Middle School division follow USL rules pertaining to U13 and U15 rules. Modified checking only- checking only when entire cross is below shoulder level. Check must be in a downward direction away from body (major foul). No checking above the shoulder.
- Mouth guards and Protective Eyewear Is Mandatory for All Players
- Protective headgear Optional
- Flagrant disrespect toward an official, player, or coach may result in ejection from the game and possibly the tournament. Tournament ejections will be at the discretion of the tournament directors. This rule applies to spectators as well.
- Spectators must remain outside of the team areas and off of the fields
- Please clean up your bench area after.
Every player must submit a completed waiver to participate. Waivers can be filled out online by selecting the Waivers Tab.
All players are required to fill out a Player Registration Waiver.
$1250.00 per team with a multi-team discount.
Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to first, second, and third place teams. At the discretion of the Sport Director additional awards may be given.
(850) 577-7201 or firstname.lastname@example.org