Location and Schedule
404 Imperial Boulevard
Lakeland, Florida 33803
Friday, June 14-Sunday, June 16, 2019
Friday, June 14, 2019
Coaches Meeting-Junior Olympic Lap swim
12&U Figure warm-up/12&U Figure Competition
13-15 Figure warm-up/13-15 Figure Competition
JO Solos, Duets, Teams and Combo Teams
Awards – All Junior Olympic Events
Saturday, June 15, 2019
Coaches Meeting-Intermediate Division Lap swim
Intermediate Figure warm-ups/Figure Competition
Intermediate Solos, Duets, Trios, Teams and Combo Teams
Awards All Intermediate Events
Sunday, June 16, 2019
Coaches Meeting-Novice/Open/Masters Division Lap swim
Novice Figures Warm-up/Figure Competition
Novice/Open/Masters Solos, Duets, Trios, Teams
(Masters/Open divisions only) Combo Teams
Awards All Novice, Open and Masters Events
- Entry fee is $35 and includes an official Sunshine State Games t-shirt.
- Each applicant must complete an Individual Entry Form and Waiver of Liability and submit them by the entry deadline or register online at sunshinestate.com.
- All Sunshine State Games forms must be received by May 28, 2019, or register online at sunshinestategames.com by May 28, 2019. All “Form A” meet entries are to be received electronically by May 28, 2019, to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or Jeaniesaunders@yahoo.com
- NO registrations will be taken the day of the event.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to confirm their registration by visiting sunshinestategames.com or calling toll-free 866-FL-GAMES (866-354-2637).
- All athletes must be a resident of Florida. All athletes competing as Junior Olympic Age Group, Intermediate, Novice or Masters must be registered with USA Synchro. All athletes competing in Open competition do not need to register with USA Synchro.
- Junior Olympic Age Group Athletes or Masters athletes: You must be registered with a club or as unaffiliated (solo only). For the Jr. Olympic division, top six finishers in solo, duet, and trio from the Northwest Florida Association, Southwest Florida Association, Northeast Florida Association, and Southeast Florida Association Championships qualify to compete at the Sunshine State Games Finals (teams do not have to qualify). All clubs without a qualifier in a specific event will be allowed one entry per age group, per event (including NOVICE division). Clubs may ONLY have 1 solo entry per age group/per division UNLESS there ARE ONLY 2 athletes on the entire club (i.e., athletes are in same age division – both have 1 solo and 1 duet together – and there are NO other routines – trio, team, combo – on that club in which to compete).
- Intermediate, Novice, Open Divisions: athletes may enter a maximum of two routines for all 4 divisions. For example, you may enter one routine event in Novice division and one routine event in Intermediate division. ADDITIONAL NOTE: Intermediate athletes who enter one routine in the Intermediate division may also enter ONLY one routine in the Junior Olympic AGE GROUP division.
- Junior Olympic Age Group Division: Athletes may enter a maximum of three routines (Combo Team is not included in this count) in the JO AGE GROUP division unless this athlete is also competing in a routine in the Novice, Intermediate, or Open Divisions. If that is the case, an age group athlete is limited to a total of 2 events in all 4 divisions.
Solos, Duets, Trios, Teams, Figures
8 & Under, 9-10, 11-12, 13 & Over
Solos, Duets, Trios, Teams, Figures
10 & Under, 11-12, 13-15, 16-17, 18 & Over
Solos, Duets, Trios, Teams (NO FIGURES)
One Age Group Only
Junior Olympic Age Group Division
Solos, Duets, Teams, Combo Teams, Tech routines (16-17/18-19 divisions)
10 & Under, 11-12, 13-15
Masters (age 20 and older, age groups listed in 10-year increments) and Open Division (No age division) (NO FIGURES)
- Novice Division: Athletes must perform the U.S. Synchro novice elements. Contact U.S. Synchro at usasynchro.org to get a complete list of novice elements or contact Lorraine Valerino to learn details. Time limit is 1:30 for routine music of a coach’s choice.
- Intermediate Division: Routine times are: Solos – 2:00 plus/minus 15 seconds, Duets/Trios – 2:20 plus/minus 15 seconds, Teams – 2:50 plus/minus 15 seconds. Deck work – 10 seconds. Athletes must perform a technical routine including all prescribed elements in the order listed. For a copy of the Intermediate Technical Requirements for the 2019 Sunshine State Games, contact Lorraine Valerino, or look in the appendix of the 2019 USSS Rule book available at usasynchro.org.
- Open Division: All routine times are 2:00 plus/minus 15 seconds – 10 seconds deck work. Open Division is for all athletes of any age. No minimum time. Free routines and music.
- Junior Olympic Age Group Division: As established by USSS.
- Master Division: As established by USSS. Masters division is for athletes ages 20 and over. No minimum time. There will be no distinction between tech or free routine events for this competition.
Figures (2017-2021 FINA Quad)
13-15 AGE GROUP/INTERMEDIATE “A”
423 Ariana 2.2
143 Rio 3.1
240a Albatross Half Twist 2.2
403 Swordtail 2.3
12 & UNDER AGE GROUP/INTERMEDIATE “A”
106 Straight Ballet Leg, Single 1.9
301 Barracuda 1.9
311 Kip 1.6
401 Swordfish 2.0
INTERMEDIATE “B” – a USSS category
101 Ballet Leg, Single 1.6
301 Barracuda 2.0
348 Tower 1.9
420 Walkover, Back 1.9
101 Ballet Leg, Single 1.6
310 Blossom 1.1
201 Dolphin 1.4
370 Prawn 1.6
In addition to completing the Sunshine State Games entry form, all teams or individuals must also complete one entry sheet FORM A for Novice, Intermediate, Open, Masters and Junior Olympic Age Group. You can obtain these sheets from www.usasynchro.org. All sheets must be emailed by May 28, 2019. Please e-mail all Form A entries and list of judges and volunteers to Lorraine Valerino, Sunshine State Games Synchro Event Coordinator and Anna Whitman at email@example.com AND Jeanie Saunders, Scoring – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mary Rose Sunshine State Games Grant Program
In partnership with the U.S. Synchronized Swimming Foundation, the Florida Sports Foundation is proud to offer the Mary Rose Sunshine State Games Grant Program, in memory of the late Mary Rose. The mission of the grant is to fund short-term projects that lead to ongoing, self-sustaining programs, or the growth of synchronized swimming. Please visit www.synchrofoundation.com for more information. The Grant Program is funded through proceeds from participation in the Sunshine State Games.
Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to first three places in each Class.
At the discretion of the Sport Director additional awards may be given.
Click here to access hotel information for the Synchronized Swimming event.
Click here to register for the 2019 Synchronized Swimming Championships.
NO registrations will be taken the day of the event.
FSF Staff Contact
(850) 298-6628 or email@example.com
(863) 660-1401 or firstname.lastname@example.org
(863) 712-3854 or email@example.com
(850) 488-1422 or firstname.lastname@example.org