Location and Schedule
3000 Ringling Blvd.
Sarasota, Florida 34237
Saturday, June 1, 2019
**Note: outside food, coolers, and beverages are not permitted.
Final Event Schedule
Weigh-in: 7:00 a.m.
Lift: 9:00 a.m.
Platform A: Masters Men
Platform B: Masters Women
Weigh-in: 8:30 a.m.
Lift: 10:30 a.m.
Platform A: Youth Men
Platform B: Youth Women
Weigh in: 10:30 a.m.
Lift: 12:30 p.m.
Platform A: Junior Men
Platform B: Junior Women
Weigh-in: 12:00 p.m.
Lift: 2:00 p.m.
Weigh-in: 1:30 p.m.
Lift: 3:30 p.m.
Concessions will be available on site.
- The competition will be run according to the rules and procedures of USA Weightlifting.
- Competitors will compete in the Snatch and Clean and Jerk events and their Total Combined Score will determine winners for each weight class and division.
- Best Lifter Awards will be decided using the Sinclair Coefficient.
- There will be an award for Best Male and Best Female Team. The Team must be a registered USAW Club.
- All participants must be current members of USA Weightlifting. A current USAW card must be presented at weigh-in along with a driver’s license/passport/state issued identification card. In the case of youth athletes, a copy of the birth certificate and accompanying student photo id will be accepted.
- If you have lost or misplaced your USAW card, or it has not arrived yet, you must contact USAW before the event and secure proof of current membership. If you do not have your USAW card or proof of current membership, you will have to purchase a new membership at the meet. It is the athlete’s responsibility to contact the national office at (719) 866-4508, to secure proof of current membership with USAW.
- Membership forms are available online at usaweightlifting.org
- Athletes can only compete in one division.
- All USA Weightlifting rules will apply. All lifting attire must meet USAW regulations (singlets are required). For more information, please consult the USAW rulebook, which can be found online at usaweightlifting.org.
- By registering for this event, all participants are consenting to be subject to a drug test and will be penalized if declared positive for a banned substance. For more information on banned substances, including over the counter medication, log onto www.usantidoping.org.
- Lifts to be contested are the Snatch and the Clean & Jerk. There will be medals for the combined total only.
- For the Youth Age Division, a 5kg bar will be used until the loaded weight equals 15kg, at which time a 10 kg bar will be used until the total weight equals 20 kg, at which time a women’s bar (15 kg bar) will be used. Female athletes will continue to use the 15kg bar, while male athletes will switch to the 20kg bar once the announced weight equals 25kg.
The Weight Classes to be contested in Masters, Seniors, and Juniors are:
The Youth Weight Classes to be contested are:
Youth 14-15 Bodyweight Categories:
Youth 13U Bodyweight Categories:
$30.00 per event
- Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to the top three places in each division.
Click here to access hotel information for the Olympic Weightlifting event.
Click here to register for the 2019 Weightlifting Championships. Registration deadline is 11:59 p.m. on May 27, 2019.
On-site registration will be $35.00.
(941) 780-3209 or firstname.lastname@example.org
(850) 488-1422 or email@example.com