Location and Schedule
Alachua County Fesvital
Stephen C. O’Connell Center
250 Gale Lemerand Drive
Gainesville, Florida 32611
Friday, June 11- Sunday, June 13, 2021
Event venue, dates, and location are subject to change.
Friday, June 11, 2021
Coaches Meeting-Junior Olympic Lap swim
12&U Figure warm-up/12&U Figure Competition
13-15 Figure warm-up/13-15 Figure Competition
JO Solos, Duets, Teams and Combo Teams
Awards – All Junior Olympic Events
Saturday, June 12, 2021
Coaches Meeting-Intermediate Division Lap swim
Intermediate Figure warm-ups/Figure Competition
Intermediate Solos, Duets, Trios, Teams and Combo Teams
Awards All Intermediate Events
Sunday, June 13, 2021
Coaches Meeting-Novice/Open/Masters Division Lap swim
Novice Figures Warm-up/Figure Competition
Novice/Athletes With Disabilities/Open/Masters Solos, Duets, Trios, Teams
(Masters/Open divisions only) Combo Teams
Awards All Novice, Athletes With Disabilities, Open and Masters Events
- Entry fee is $35 and includes an official Sunshine State Games t-shirt.
- Each applicant must complete an Individual Entry Form and Waiver of Liability and submit them by the entry deadline or register online at https://sunshinestate.fusesport.com/registration/1466/.
- All Sunshine State Games forms must be received by May 29, 2021, or register online at https://sunshinestate.fusesport.com/registration/1466/ by May 29, 2021. All “Form A” meet entries are to be received electronically by May 29, 2021, to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or Jeaniesaunders@yahoo.com
- NO registrations will be taken the day of the event.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to confirm their registration by visiting sunshinestategames.com or calling toll-free 866-FL-GAMES (866-354-2637).
- All athletes must be a resident of Florida. All athletes competing as Junior Olympic Age Group, Intermediate, Novice. Athletes with disabilities, or Masters must be registered with USA Artistic Swimming. All athletes competing in Open competition do not need to register with USA Artistic Swimming.
- Junior Olympic Age Group Athletes or Masters athletes: You must be registered with a club or as unaffiliated (solo only). For the Jr. Olympic division, top six finishers in solo, duet, and trio from the Northwest Florida Association, Southwest Florida Association, Northeast Florida Association, and Southeast Florida Association Championships qualify to compete at the Sunshine State Games Finals (teams do not have to qualify). All clubs without a qualifier in a specific event will be allowed one entry per age group, per event (including NOVICE division). Clubs may ONLY have 1 solo entry per age group/per division UNLESS there ARE ONLY 2 athletes on the entire club (i.e., athletes are in same age division – both have 1 solo and 1 duet together – and there are NO other routines – trio, team, combo – on that club in which to compete).
- Intermediate, Novice, Athletes with disabilities, Open Divisions: athletes may enter a maximum of two routines for all 4 divisions. For example, you may enter one routine event in Novice division and one routine event in Intermediate division. ADDITIONAL NOTE: Intermediate athletes who enter one routine in the Intermediate division may also enter ONLY one routine in the Junior Olympic AGE GROUP division.
- Junior Olympic Age Group Division: Athletes may enter a maximum of three routines (Combo Team is not included in this count) in the JO AGE GROUP division unless this athlete is also competing in a routine in the Novice, Intermediate, or Open Divisions. If that is the case, an age group athlete is limited to a total of 2 events in all 4 divisions.
Format (Note: Athletes With Disabilities event and the Male Solo event are new for 2021)
Solos, Duets/Mixed Duets, Trios, Teams, Figures
8 & Under, 9-10, 11-12, 13 & Over
Solos, Duets/Mixed Duets, Trios, Teams, Figures
10 & Under, 11-12, 13-15, 16-17, 18 & Over
Solos, Duets/Mixed Duets, Trios, Teams (NO FIGURES)
One Age Group Only
Junior Olympic Age Group Division
Solos, Duets/Mixed Duets, Teams, Combo Teams (13-15 and 16-20), Tech routines (16-17/18-20 divisions)
10 & Under, 11-12, 13-15, 16-17 and 18-20
Masters (age 20 and older, age groups listed in 10-year increments) and Open Division (No age division) (NO FIGURES)
- Novice Division: Athletes must perform the U.S. Artistic Swimming novice elements. Visit USA Artistic Swimming to get a complete list of novice elements or contact Lorraine Valerino to learn details. Time limit is 1:30 for routine music of a coach’s choice.
- Intermediate Division: Routine times are: Solos – 2:00 plus/minus 15 seconds, Duets/Trios – 2:20 plus/minus 15 seconds, Teams – 2:50 plus/minus 15 seconds. Deck work – 10 seconds. Athletes must perform a technical routine including all prescribed elements in the order listed. For a copy of the Intermediate Technical Requirements for the 2021 Sunshine State Games, contact Lorraine Valerino, or look in the appendix of the 2021 USAAS Rule book available at USA Artistic Swimming.
- Open Division: All routine times are 2:00 plus/minus 15 seconds – 10 seconds deck work. Open Division is for all athletes of any age. No minimum time. Free routines and music.
- Junior Olympic Age Group Division: As established by USAAS.
- Master Division: As established by USAAS. Masters division is for athletes ages 20 and over. No minimum time. There will be no distinction between tech or free routine events for this competition.
• Athletes With Disabilities: Contact Valerino for details for AWD entries.
Figures (2017-2021 FINA Quad)
13-15 AGE GROUP/INTERMEDIATE “A”
423 Ariana 2.2
143 Rio 3.1
240a Albatross Half Twist 2.2
403 Swordtail 2.3
12 & UNDER AGE GROUP/INTERMEDIATE “A”
106 Straight Ballet Leg, Single 1.9
301 Barracuda 1.9
311 Kip 1.6
401 Swordfish 2.0
INTERMEDIATE “B” – a USAAS category
101 Ballet Leg, Single 1.6
301 Barracuda 2.0
348 Tower 1.9
420 Walkover, Back 1.9
101 Ballet Leg, Single 1.6
310 Blossom 1.1
201 Dolphin 1.4
370 Prawn 1.6
In addition to completing the Sunshine State Games entry form, all teams or individuals must also complete one entry sheet FORM A for Novice, AWD, Intermediate, Open, Masters and Junior Olympic Age Group. You can obtain these sheets from www.usasynchro.org. All sheets must be emailed by May 29, 2021. Please e-mail all Form A entries and list of judges and volunteers to Lorraine Valerino, Sunshine State Games Synchro Event Coordinator and Anna Whitman at email@example.com AND Jeanie Saunders, Scoring – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mary Rose Sunshine State Games Grant Program
In partnership with the USA Artistic Swimming Foundation, the Florida Sports Foundation is proud to offer the Mary Rose Sunshine State Games Grant Program, in memory of the late Mary Rose. The mission of the grant is to fund short-term projects that lead to ongoing, self-sustaining programs, or the growth of synchronized swimming. Please visit www.synchrofoundation.com for more information. The Grant Program is funded through proceeds from participation in the Sunshine State Games.
Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to first three places in each Class.
At the discretion of the Sport Director additional awards may be given.
CLICK HERE for Hotel information.
CLICK HERE to register for the 2021 Synchronized Swimming Championships.
NO registrations will be taken the day of the event.
FSF Staff Contact
(850) 577-7211 or email@example.com
(863) 660-1401 or firstname.lastname@example.org
(863) 712-3854 or email@example.com