Location and Schedule
Friday, May 17-Sunday, May 19, 2019
AdventHealth Center Ice
3173 Cypress Ridge Road
Wesley Chapel, Florida 33544
The competition schedule will be available online at www.sunshinestategames.com by May 1, 2019, and will also be posted on the EntryEeze site and at athlete check-in. Skating order and groups will be posted at the rink on May 16, 2019.
Skating groups (not skating order) will be posted online if needed.
Pairs Free Skating Program
Pre-Juvenile ** 018MPL06
Adult Bronze 018MPL07
Adult Silver 018MPL08
Adult Gold 018MPL09
Adult Masters 018MPL10
Pairs Short Program
** Indicates IJS events
Open Juvenile 018SPN06
High Beginner 018SPN11
No Test 018SPN12
Adult Beginner 018SPN13
Adult Pre-Bronze 018SPN14
Adult Bronze 018SPN15
Adult Silver 018SPN16
Adult Gold 018SPN17
Adult Masters/ Junior/Senior 018SPN19
Open Juvenile 018JMP06
No Test 018JMP10
High Beginner 018JMP11
Adult Jumps Challenge
Adult Beginner 018JMP13
Adult Pre-Bronze 018JMP14
Adult Bronze 018JMP15
Adult Silver 018JMP16
Adult Gold 018JMP17
Adult Masters Intermediate/Novice 018JMP18
Adult Master Junior/Senior 018JMP19
Short Program Events (Singles)
Open Juvenile** 018SHP06
** Indicates IJS Events
Step Sequence Events
Open Juvenile 018SFE05
Excel Series Events (replaces Test Track Free Skate events)
Excel Beginner Free Skate
Excel High Beginner Free Skate
Excel Preliminary Plus
Excel Pre-Juvenile Plus**
Excel Juvenile **
Excel Juvenile Plus **
Excel Intermediate **
Excel Novice **
Excel Junior **
Excel Senior **
** Indicates IJS events
Adult Singles Free Skate Events
Adult Pre-Bronze 018AFS01
Adult Bronze 018AFS02
Adult Silver 018AFS03
Adult Gold 018AFS04
Adult Masters Intermediate/Novice 018AFS05
Adult Masters Junior/Senior 018AFS06
Well Balance Free Skate Programs
No Test ** 018FSU01
Pre-Preliminary * 018FSU02
Preliminary ** 018FSU03
Pre-Juvenile ** 018FSU04
Open Juvenile** 018FSU06
** Indicates IJS Events
Compulsory Moves Events
No Test 018CPM01
Open Juvenile 018CPM06
Adult Beginner 018CPM11
Adult High Beginner 018CPM12
Adult Pre-Bronze 018CPM13
Adult Bronze 018CPM14
Adult Silver 018CPM15
Adult Gold 018CPM16
Masters Intermediate/Novice 018CPM17
Masters Junior/Senior 018CPM18
Solo Pattern Dance Events
Adult Solo Pattern Dance Events
Adult Preliminary 018APD01
Adult Pre-Bronze 018APD02
Adult Bronze 018APD03
Adult Pre-Silver 018APD04
Adult Silver 018APD05
Adult Pre-Gold 018APD06
Adult Gold 018APD07
Partnered (Couples) Pattern Dance Events
Adult Partnered (Couples) Pattern Dance Events
Adult Preliminary 018ACP01
Adult Pre-Bronze 018ACP02
Adult Bronze 018ACP03
Adult Pre-Silver 018ACP04
Adult Silver 018ACP05
Adult Pre-Gold 018ACP06
Adult Gold 018ACP07
Rhythm Dance (Couples Only) Events
Couples Free Dance
Adult Solo Free Dance Events
Light Entertainment Showcase
Dramatic Entertainment Showcase
Snowplow Sam – Basic 6 Elements
Pre- Free Skate – Free Skate 1-6 Compulsory Event
Free Skate 1
Free Skate 2
Free Skate 3
Free Skate 4
Free Skate 5
Free Skate 6
Snowplow Sam – Basic Program with Music Event
Snowplow Sam 018BPE01
Basic 1 018BPE02
Basic 2 018BPE03
Basic 3 018BPE04
Basic 4 018BPE05
Basic 5 018BPE06
Basic 6 018BPE07
Pre-Free Skate – Free Skate 6 Program with Music Event
Pre-Free Skate 018FSP01
Free Skate 1 018FSP02
Free Skate 2 018FSP03
Free Skate 3 018FSP04
Free Skate 4 018FSP05
Free Skate 5 018FSP06
Free Skate 6 018FSP07
- All event requirements will be in accordance to USFS regulations. A description of elements, moves, and time requirements will be available online at sunshinestategames.com
- Athletes must check-in with the ice monitor at the ice at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled competition time for each event in which they are competing. Athlete Check-in, where pick-up their shirts and goodie bags, is NOT event check-in.
- This competition will be conducted in accordance with United States Figure Skating (USFS) rules, as per the current rulebook, unless stated otherwise.
- This event is sanctioned by United States Figure Skating (USFS).
- The initial individual registration fee for ALL skaters is $50.00 per person.
- For each non IJS Event, the fee is $50.00 per skater for their first event, and $45.00 for each
- subsequent event entered. Therefore, an athlete entering 2 non IJS events will pay $ 145
- ($50+$50 +$45).
- For each IJS singles event the fee is $70.00 per skater per event. Therefore, an athlete entering 2 IJS single events will pay $190 ($50 +$70+$70).
- IJS pairs: Each partner/skater will pay the individual registration fee of $ 50.00 and each
- Partner/skater will pay $35.00 each to total up to the $ 70.00 to cover the cost of the IJS pair event. If the pair chooses to skate an additional pair event, and additional $ 35.00 each is required.
- Couples/ partnered dance events. Each skater will pay the registration fee of $ 50.00 and each
- partner/skater will pay $25.00 each to total up to the $50.00 to cover the cost of the event entered.
- Learn to Skate- Compete USA Skater: the initial individual registration fee of
- $50.00 will cover their first event. If they choose to enter a second Learn to Skate-Compete USA
- event an additional $30.00 is required. If they choose to enter any other events offered in the
- competition, (Spins, Jumps, Showcase, etc.) those events will be $45.00 for each subsequent event entered.
- Your registration includes an official Sunshine State Games T-Shirt. NO REFUNDS.
- The IJS Scoring System will be used for the following events:
- All Pairs Free Skating Program and Pairs Short Program events.
- All Singles Short Programs events.
- All Well Balanced Free Skate Program events.
- Excel Series: Pre- Juvenile and above events.
- IJS forms can be completed online at www.usfsaonline.org
- The 6.0 judging system will be used for the following events:
- All Spins Challenge, All Jumps Challenge, All Compulsory Moves, Step Sequences,
- Adult Free Skating Events, All Dance Events, All Compete USA/Learn to Skate Events,
- All Showcase Events. And Excel Preliminary Plus and below events.
- All applicants must complete an Official Sunshine State Games entry form and Waiver of Liability
- and submit them by the entry deadline.
- All entries must be submitted online by April 21, 2019. Visit www.sunshinestategames.com for registration link and additional competition information.
- Late entries may be accepted at the discretion of the Event Director and must be accompanied by a
- $50.00 late fee.
- NO registration additions will be taken the day of the event.
- Any changes requested after May 1, 2019 are at the discretion of the Event Director and will require a $35.00 change fee per event changed.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to confirm their registration by visiting www.sunshinestategames.com or calling toll-free 1-866-FLGAMES (866-354-2637).
- Age and test level will be determined by April 21, 2019.
- Unless otherwise stated in all events, skaters may skate at their test levels or one higher.
- Skaters who skate both ISI and USFS must use their USFS test level as their guideline in entering events. Skaters who skate only ISI and have not taken any USFS test, may skate at their ISI test level or one level lower to place themselves on a more even and competitive level with the USFS competitor. Please refer to the chart on page 24 of the announcement for levels.
Practice ice registration will be announced on the Florida Sports Foundation website www.sunshinestategames.com. After the close of entries and will be available for purchase.
Each skater will be eligible to purchase two (2) practice ice sessions per event entered. Additional practice ice may become available after the initial practice registration. Do not call Florida Hospital Center Ice for practice ice sessions during the dates of competition.
All competition music must be on CD and clearly labeled with the skater’s name, event and running time on the side that is to be played. No cassette tapes, mini disc or DATS. CD’s must only have one track per CD in a format that is widely readable by most CD players. CD/RW is discouraged. I phone/I pod music replay is also discouraged. Music must be turned into athlete check-in on the day of competition, and no later than one hour before the skater’s first event. All skaters should have a back-up copy of their music readily available at rink side during their event if it is needed. Music may be picked up at athlete check-in after each event, but only by the athlete, coach or guardian. Athletes may not pick up music for any other persons.
Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to the first, second and third place finishers in each event. Ribbons will be awarded to fourth, fifth, and sixth place finishers in the Learn to Skate-Compete USA events.
The Dorothy Dodson Award, named after veteran Figure Skating Judge, Dorothy Dodson, recognizes the highest combined score in the Intermediate Ladies Free Skating and Short Program events. This Award will be presented at the end of competition.
The Elizabeth “Betty” Stark Award, named after veteran Figure Skating Judge, Elizabeth “Betty” Stark recognizes the Juvenile Girl with the highest points in the Juvenile Girls Free Skate program. This award will be presented at the end of the competition.
Hotel information for the Figure Skating event will be forthcoming.
Info goes here/link goes here.
FSF Staff Contact
(850) 410-5286 or firstname.lastname@example.org
(954) 261-1569 or email@example.com