Dates and Location
June 21-23, 2024
Fort Lauderdale Aquatic Center
501 Seabreeze Blvd
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316=
- Mixed 12 & Under
- Mixed 14 & Under
- Boys 16 & Under
- Girls 16 & Under
- Boys 18 & Under
- Girls 18 & Under
- Men Open
- Women Open
Limit 8 Teams per Division. Teams cannot register more than ONE TEAM PER DIVISION. Additional entries in Divisions may occur dependent on overall tournament registrations.
- Each team is guaranteed four scheduled games.
- Bracket size will determine format.
- Females may play with Men’s and Boy’s teams (assuming age eligibility) from their club, as long as their club does not enter a female team in the same age group.
- Players will only be allowed to play for one club no matter the age division.
- United States Water Polo / Fina Rules, with the following exceptions
- Six-minute quarters.
- Brutality is a tournament suspension.
- Red Card- Players or coaches that receive red cards will be served a 1 game suspension for the division they received the red card in. Athletes and coaches who receive a red card will not be able to participate in other divisions until their suspension is served in the division in question.
- Seeding and tiebreaker rules will be provided with final game schedule.
- Final rosters with pictures of players and coaches must be printed and submitted at the mandatory coaches meeting at a date to be determined. Rosters may have a maximum of 20 players. No changes will be permitted after the start of the first game. Roster shall be verified with USAWP printed roster. Coaches should have a printed copy of their rosters with them at all times.
- Players shall wear the same cap numbers for the entire tournament.
- ALL athletes competing MUST have a minimum Silver membership with USA Water Polo.
- Athletes and Coaches are permitted to compete with one club only. Competing with multiple clubs will not be allowed.
- There is a strict No Refund Policy. Any team that forfeits or is a no show to a game is subject to a $125 fee for the game.
- Florida Sports reserves the right to remove and/or permanently suspend teams, coaches, or athletes from the current and/or future tournaments if teams do not uphold Code of Conduct for the Tournament.
$600 per team.
The winning team in each division will receive a plaque while the individuals on the top three teams will each receive a gold, silver or bronze medal, respectively.
Hotel information is forthcoming.
Registration information is forthcoming.
Qualification for 2024 State Games of America in California
Sunshine State Games Water Polo teams are eligible to compete in the 2024 State Games of America, to be held in San Diego, California, August 1-4, 2024.
Time frame to qualify for the 2024 State Games of America
2022 (after July 1): All gold, silver and bronze medalists qualify from National Congress of State Games (NCSG) Member State programs, both Winter and Summer. Any medalist from the 2022 SGA held in Ames, Iowa qualifies.
2023: All gold, silver, and bronze medalists qualify from NCSG Member State programs, both Winter and Summer.
2024 (before July 1): All gold, silver, and bronze medalists qualify from NCSG Member State programs, both Winter and Summer.
Any medalists from the 2022 State Games of America is eligible to compete in 2024. Visit www.stategamesofamerica.com/faqs for more information.
FSF Staff Contact