Location and Schedule
June 17-18, 2023
Simpson Park Community Center
1725 Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue
Lakeland, Florida 33805
Event venue, dates, and location are subject to change.
CLICK HERE for a list of Registered Athletes (as of Monday, June 13)
Tentative Schedule for Saturday, June 17
9:00 a.m. – Under 1325 RR Singles
10:00 a.m. – Under 2100 RR Singles
10:00 a.m. – Sandpaper RR Singles
11:30 a.m. – Under 1700 RR Singles
1:00 p.m. – Under 2500 RR Singles
2:30 p.m. – Under 1875 RR Singles
4:00 p.m. – Under 1450 RR Singles
5:30 p.m. – Under 2200 RR Singles
Tentative Schedule for Sunday, June 18
9:00 a.m. – Under 1800 RR Singles
10:30 a.m. – Open RR Singles
Noon – Under 2000 RR Singles
Noon – Senior 50+ RR Singles 32 player max
1:30 p.m. – Under 1575 RR Singles
3:00 p.m. – Under 2300 RR Singles
3:00 p.m. – Super Big Ball 44 RR
Super Big Ball 44 RR Singles 040TTM00
Sandpaper RR Singles 040TTM01
Senior 50+ RR Singles 040TTM02
Under 1325 RR Singles 040TTM03
Under 1450 RR Singles 040TTM04
Under 1575 RR Singles 040TTM05
Under 1700 RR Singles 040TTM06
Under 1800 RR Singles 040TTM07
Under 1875 RR Singles 040TTM08
Under 2000 RR Singles 040TTM09
Under 2100 RR Singles 040TTM10
Under 2200 RR Singles 040TTM11
Under 2300 RR Singles 040TTM12
Under 2500 RR Singles 040TTM13
Open RR Singles 040TTM14
- For all events round robin format will be utilized. For divisions with 6 or less players, each player will play each other, and winners will be determined by their playing record. For divisions with 7 or more players, the division will be broken into pools, playing a preliminary round robin within the pool. ONE or TWO winners from each pool will advance to a single elimination tournament (depending on number of participants in event and time / tables available).
- Players with estimated ratings or no official USATT Ratings will not be allowed to advance out of the preliminary or first round robin in all events except OPEN RR, Senior 50+, Sandpaper, & Super Big Ball events.
- All divisions will be best of five – 11-point games. Except Sandpaper, best 2 of 3 to 21 points and Super Big Ball 2 of 3 to 11.
- The effective date for the USATT rating for all events will be two weeks prior to the tournament date, 6-3-22 – THIS EVENT IS A SANCTIONED USATT 2 STAR EVENT.
- Butterfly tables and nets; White Nittaku Japan 3 Star Premium POLLY 40+ balls. Super Big Ball, Orange Nittaku 3-star premium 44mm. Wooden floors and composite tile floor.
- Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to the top three finishers in each division.
- Tournament Director reserves the right to change format of any event.
- Entry fee is $30 for the 1st event and $10 for each additional event. NO REFUNDS.
- Events will be rated with results sent to USATT.
- USATT membership is required except for Sandpaper Singles, Senior 50+, and Super Big Ball events. USATT annual membership is $75.00 for Pro and $25.00 for Basic. A tournament pass is available for $50.00 Adult and $25 for Juniors and must be repurchased each event played after. USATT membership is available on-site. Do not send with registration. Memberships fees should be made payable to LTTA. Each applicant must register online at a forthcoming link.
- All registrations must be received by June 11, 2023. No late entries accepted.
- All players are encouraged to enter multiple events. Players may enter several events for which they are eligible and are not limited to one event. This will allow players to play more matches at the tournament.
- Players must check-in at least one hour prior to scheduled event time. Late players will be scratched from event.
While the Sunshine State Games offers a “Partner Finder,” service for those in need of a doubles or team partner, It is the responsibility of the athlete to make contact with other athletes.
The Sunshine State Games Staff will not put together teams or form partnerships. Sunshine State Games staff and sport directors will not assign partners at the Games. Athletes registered without a partner by the registration deadline will be removed without a refund.
CLICK HERE to post your entry. By posting the entry, you are agreeing that your information will be shared with other athletes, captains, and/or coaches.
Once registration is open, a link will be posted to see a listing of potential partners and teams. Once you have found a team/partner, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to remove your name from the list.”
- This tournament will be conducted in accordance to USA Table Tennis rules for competition.
- Pursuant to USATT’s Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policy, beginning March 1, 2023, ALL Adult Participants (participants over the age of 18) who have regular contact with or authority over minor aged athletes must complete SafeSport Training offered by the US Center for SafeSport every year (“SafeSport Trained”)
- USATT is pleased to assist USATT Members in the process of becoming SafeSport Trained and/or Fully Safe Sport Compliant. Please visit https://www.teamusa.org/usa-table-tennis/athlete-safety/safe-sport or contact USATT at Admin@usatt.org for more information and guidance in this process.
- NO WHITE SHIRTS are permitted.
- Sandpaper event will be conducted in accordance with the USSTTA rules.
- Super Big Ball event will be conducted in accordance with the SBBTTA rules.
- The Senior 50+ event is a NON USATT sanctioned event. It however serves as a qualifier for the 2022 Florida Senior Games, presented by Humana, in December 2022.
- Only the first 32 paid entries will be accepted for the Seniors 50+ event.
Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to first three places in each Class. At the discretion of the Sport Director additional awards may be given.
CLICK HERE for Hotel information.
Registration is closed.
Qualification for 2024 State Games of America in California
Sunshine State Games Table Tennis athletes are eligible to compete in the 2024 State Games of America, to be held in San Diego, California, August 1-4, 2024.
Time frame to qualify for the 2024 State Games of America
2022 (after July 1): All gold, silver and bronze medalists qualify from National Congress of State Games (NCSG) Member State programs, both Winter and Summer. Any medalist from the 2022 SGA held in Ames, Iowa qualifies.
2023: All gold, silver, and bronze medalists qualify from NCSG Member State programs, both Winter and Summer.
2024 (before July 1): All gold, silver, and bronze medalists qualify from NCSG Member State programs, both Winter and Summer.
Any medalists from the 2022 State Games of America is eligible to compete in 2024. Visit www.stategamesofamerica.com/faqs for more information.
FSF Staff Contact
(850) 577-7211 or email@example.com
(863) 370-5163 cell or firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Tournament Director
(229) 977-5799 cell or JosephAracri@yahoo.com
Tournament Certified Referee and Contact
Raymond D. Spann
(352) 600-0864 cell or email@example.com