Location and Schedule
June 2-4, 2023
PicklePlex of Punta Gorda
26300 Airport Road
Punta Gorda, Florida 33950
CLICK HERE for a list of registered players (updated in real time)
Thursday, June 1
Nike Adult Pickleball Camp at PicklePlex hosted by Andy Rubenstein
Friday, June 2
Women’s Doubles and Men’s Singles
MS 50-54: 9:00 a.m.
MS 55-59: 10:45 a.m.
MS 60-64: 10:45 a.m.
MS 65-69: 9:00 a.m.
MS 70-79: 9:00 a.m.
WD 50-54: 10:45 a.m.
WD 55-59: 10:45 a.m.
WD 60-74: 9:00 a.m.
Saturday, June 3
Men’s Doubles and Women’s Singles
MD 50-54: 9:00 a.m.
MD 55-59: 10:45 a.m.
MD 60-64: 9:00 a.m.
MD 65-69: 9:00 a.m.
MD 70-79: 9:00 a.m.
WS 50-54: 10:45 a.m.
WS 60-74: 10:45 a.m.
Sunday, June 4
Mixed 50-54: 10:45 a.m.
Mixed 55-59: 9:00 a.m.
Mixed 60-64: 9:00 a.m.
Mixed 65-69: 10:45 a.m.
Mixed 70-79: 9:00 a.m.
Men’s and Women’s Doubles
Florida Senior Games Qualifying Rules
This event is a qualifier for the Florida Senior Games. Please visit FloridaSeniorGames.com for more information.
Entry Requirements and Fees
1. Pickleball entry fee is $25 and $5 for each additional event.
2. All entries must be received by May 26, 2023 (updated on 5/17). Late entries may be accepted at the discretion of the Event Director. Athletes registering after May 26, 2023 may be subject to a $15 late fee. NO REFUNDS
3. The age division of competition for doubles and mixed doubles will be determined by the younger age of the two partners as of December 31 of the competition year.
4. Competitors must bring their own paddles. Pickleballs will be provided.
5. Franklin X balls will be used during competition.
While the Sunshine State Games offers a “Partner Finder,” service for those in need of a doubles or team partner, It is the responsibility of the athlete to make contact with other athletes.
The Sunshine State Games Staff will not put together teams or form partnerships. Sunshine State Games staff and sport directors will not assign partners at the Games. Athletes registered without a partner by registration deadline will be removed without a refund
CLICK HERE to post your entry. By posting the entry, you are agreeing that your information will be shared with other athletes, captains, and/or coaches.
Once registration is open, a link will be posted to see a listing of potential partners and teams. Once you have found a team/partner, please email email@example.com to remove your name from the list.”
1. All matches will be conducted in accordance with USA Pickleball Association (USAPA)/International Federation of Pickleball (IFP) rules found online at www.usapa.org, except as modified.
2. A coin flip will determine first choice of service or side. If the winner chooses to serve or receive, the loser picks starting side. If the winner chooses starting side, the loser chooses to serve or receive. Sides and initial service will be switched upon completion of each game. Sides will be switched in a third game (if the match is 2 out of 3 games) after the first team reaches a score of 6 points. Serve remains with the player holding serve.
3. All questionable calls must be resolved in favor of the opponent.
4. Served balls clearing the non-volley zone and landing on any service court line except the non-volley zone line are good.
5. Balls in play landing on any side or back court line are good.
6. All serves must be made underhand at or below the servers waist (i.e. contact with the ball must be made at or below the server’s waist). Underhand is defined as the paddle head shall be below the hand when striking the ball.
7. Players will be responsible for calling their own lines up until at least the final match in each age class. Line officials may be provided for the final match in each age class at the discretion of the Event Director.
8. When net systems have a horizontal bar that may include a center base: If the ball hits the horizontal bar or the center base before going over the net, it is a fault. If the ball goes over the net and then hits the horizontal bar, IT IS A LET AND MUST BE REPLAYED. If the ball goes over the net and then hits center base or the ball gets caught between the net and the horizontal bar before touching the court, it is a let and must be replayed.
9. All matches will be played outdoors.
10. Format changes are at the discretion of the Event Director.
CLICK HERE for Hotel information.
Registration is closed.
Qualification for 2024 State Games of America in California
Sunshine State Games Pickleball athletes are eligible to compete in the 2024 State Games of America, to be held in San Diego, California, August 1-4, 2024.
Time frame to qualify for the 2024 State Games of America
2022 (after July 1): All gold, silver and bronze medalists qualify from National Congress of State Games (NCSG) Member State programs, both Winter and Summer. Any medalist from the 2022 SGA held in Ames, Iowa qualifies.
2023: All gold, silver, and bronze medalists qualify from NCSG Member State programs, both Winter and Summer.
2024 (before July 1): All gold, silver, and bronze medalists qualify from NCSG Member State programs, both Winter and Summer.
Any medalists from the 2022 State Games of America is eligible to compete in 2024. Visit www.stategamesofamerica.com/faqs for more information.
FSF Staff Contact
(850) 577-7211 or firstname.lastname@example.org
(954) 439-2900 or email@example.com