Location and Schedule
June 2-4, 2023
26300 Airport Road
Punta Gorda, Florida 33950
Friday, June 2
Women’s Doubles and Men’s Singles
Saturday, June 3
Men’s Doubles and Women’s Singles
Sunday, June 4
Men’s and Women’s Doubles
Florida Senior Games Qualifying Rules
This event is a qualifier for the Florida Senior Games. Please visit FloridaSeniorGames.com for more information.
Entry Requirements and Fees
1. Pickleball entry fee is $25 for the first event and $5 for each additional event for residents. Entry fee is $30 for the first event and $5 for each additional event for non-residents.
2. All entries must be received by May 28, 2023. Late entries may be accepted at the discretion of the Event Director. Athletes registering after May 28, 2023 will not be guaranteed a t-shirt and may be subject to a $15 late fee.
3. The age division of competition for doubles and mixed doubles will be determined by the younger age of the two partners as of December 31 of the competition year.
4. Competitors must bring their own paddles. Pickleballs will be provided.
5. Franklin X balls will be used during competition.
1. All matches will be conducted in accordance with USA Pickleball Association (USAPA)/International Federation of Pickleball (IFP) rules found online at www.usapa.org, except as modified.
2. A coin flip will determine first choice of service or side. If the winner chooses to serve or receive, the loser picks starting side. If the winner chooses starting side, the loser chooses to serve or receive. Sides and initial service will be switched upon completion of each game. Sides will be switched in a third game (if the match is 2 out of 3 games) after the first team reaches a score of 6 points. Serve remains with the player holding serve.
3. All questionable calls must be resolved in favor of the opponent.
4. Served balls clearing the non-volley zone and landing on any service court line except the non-volley zone line are good.
5. Balls in play landing on any side or back court line are good.
6. All serves must be made underhand at or below the servers waist (i.e. contact with the ball must be made at or below the server’s waist). Underhand is defined as the paddle head shall be below the hand when striking the ball.
7. Players will be responsible for calling their own lines up until at least the final match in each age class. Line officials may be provided for the final match in each age class at the discretion of the Event Director.
8. When net systems have a horizontal bar that may include a center base: If the ball hits the horizontal bar or the center base before going over the net, it is a fault. If the ball goes over the net and then hits the horizontal bar, IT IS A LET AND MUST BE REPLAYED. If the ball goes over the net and then hits center base or the ball gets caught between the net and the horizontal bar before touching the court, it is a let and must be replayed.
9. All matches will be played outdoors.
10. Format changes are at the discretion of the Event Director.
Hotel information is forthcoming.
Registration information is forthcoming
Qualification for 2024 State Games of America
Sunshine State Games athletes are eligible to compete in the 2024 State Games of America, to be held in San Diego, CA, August 1-4, 2024
For more information on the 2024 State Games of America, visit https://www.stategamesofamerica.com/
FSF Staff Contact
(850) 577-7211 or firstname.lastname@example.org
(954) 439-2900 or email@example.com