Location and Schedule
Alachua County Festival
June 25-26, 2022
Legacy Park Multipurpose Center
15400 Peggy Rd.
Alachua, Florida 32615
Event venue, dates, and location are subject to change.
CLICK HERE for list of registered athletes (updated in real time)
|Day 1, Saturday, June 25||Day 2, Sunday, June 26|
|8:30 a.m.: Open Men's Foil||8:30 a.m.: Open Men's Epee|
|8:30 a.m.: Y10 Men's Foil||8:30 a.m.: Y10 Men's Epee, Y8 Mixed Epee|
|8:30 a.m.: Y10 Women's Foil||8:30 a.m.: Y10 Women's Epee|
|8;30 a.m.: Open Women's Foil||8:30 a.m.: Open Women's Epee|
|11:30 a.m.: D & Under Mixed Foil; Y8 Mixed Foil||10:30 a.m.: Veteran Men's Saber|
|1:30 p.m.: Y12 Men's Foil||10:30 a.m.: Veteran Women's Saber|
|1:30 p.m.: Y12 Women's Foil||11:30 a.m.: D & Under Mixed Epee; Y8 Mixed Epee|
|1:30 p.m.: Y14 Men's Saber||12:30 p.m.: Open Men's Saber|
|1:30 p.m.: Y14 Women's Saber||12:30 p.m.: Open Women's Saber|
|2:30 p.m.: Veteran Men's Foil||1:30 p.m.: Y12 Men's Epee|
|2:30 p.m.: Veteran Women's Foil||1:30 p.m.: Y12 Women's Epee|
|2:30 p.m.: Y10 Men's Saber||2:30 p.m.: Veteran Men's Epee|
|2:30 p.m.: Y10 Women's Saber||2:30 p.m.: Veteran Women's Epee|
|3:30 p.m.: Y12 Men's Saber||3:30p.m.: D & Under Mixed Saber; Y8 Mixed Saber|
|3:30 p.m.: Y14 Men's Foil||2:30 p.m.: Y14 Men's Epee|
|3:30 p.m.: Y14 Women's Foil||2:30 p.m.: Y14 Women's Epee|
|3:30 p.m.: Y12 Women's Saber|
- This tournament will be conducted in accordance to Amateur Athletic Union (AAU) rules.
- All equipment must meet current AAU requirements. Masks and Lames will be inspected.
- Electric sabers will be used.
- Sweat pants are prohibited.
- Entry fee is $70 for the first event and $30 for each additional event and includes an official Sunshine State Games t-shirt. NO refunds.
- Each applicant must complete an Individual Entry Form and Waiver of Liability and submit them by the entry deadline or register online.
- All entries must be received by June 22, 2022. Late entries may be accepted at the discretion of the Event Director with a $20 late fee. NO registration will be taken the day of the event.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to confirm their registration by visiting sunshinestategames.com or calling toll-free 1-866-FL-GAMES (354-2637).
- Proof of AAU membership is required. Applicants MUST list their AAU membership number under the “NGB #” field.
- Open events are for persons born on or before 2006.
- Div1A/1/2/3: Born in the year 2007, or earlier.
- Youth 10 events are for persons born between 2011-2014.
- Youth 12 events are for persons born between 2009-2012.
- Youth 14 events are for persons born between 2007-2010.
- Veteran division events are for persons born in the year 1982 or earlier.
- Adult Divisions Open, Div 2 and Div 3 events are for persons born in the year 2008 or earlier.
- All participants must have a current AAU membership. / AAU membership may not be included as part of the entry fee to the event. / AAU Youth Athlete membership must be obtained before the competition begins, except where the event operator has a laptop available with an internet connection.
- Be Prepared: Adult and Non-Athlete memberships are no longer instant and cannot be applied for at an event. / Due to background screenings, please allow up to 10 days for adult memberships to be processed. / Participants are encouraged to visit the AAU website www.aausports.org to obtain their membership.
Athletes registered and do not obtain AAU membership prior to the tournament will be ineligible to compete and will be removed from competition without a refund. ”
- All events will use the National Direct Elimination format. If there are less than six participants in an event, the event will be combined by gender.
- Any event with less than six participants (after combining by gender) will use pool play format.
- All entrants should check-in at least 30 minutes prior to the start of their event.
- Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to the top three finishers in each event.
- A team trophy will be awarded to the top fencing school/club.
Gold, Silver, and Bronze medals will be awarded to first, second, and 2 third place finishers in each class. At the discretion of the Sport Director additional awards may be given.
CLICK HERE for Hotel information in the Gainesville/Alachua County area.
CLICK HERE to register for the 2022 Sunshine State Games Fencing Championships.
FSF Staff Contact
(850) 577-7211 or email@example.com
(352) 262-0184 or firstname.lastname@example.org