Location and Schedule
Saturday, June 1, 2019
Nathan Benderson Park
5851 Nathan Benderson Circle
Sarasota, Florida 34235
7:00 a.m.-8:00 a.m.: Sprint Check-in (Pre-registration preferred)
8:00 a.m.: 1000M races starts.
*Races run at 10-minute intervals until all classes have been completed. Some races may be combined depending on participation. However, awards will be given to the appropriate classes.
Indicate boat classes and partner on application. See below for divisions offered. (see boat classes for specific boat classifications):
- 200M Sprint Junior U23 (U12, U16, U23)
- 200M Sprint Masters 23-50 (23-30, 31-40, 41-49)
- 200M Sprint Senior 50+ (50-60, 61-70, 71+)
- 200M SUP Sprint
- 500M Sprint Junior U23 (U12, U16, U23)
- 500M Sprint Masters 23-50 (23-30, 31-40, 41-49)
- 500M Sprint Open
- 500M Sprint Senior 50+ (50-60, 61-70, 71+)
- 500M SUP Sprint
- 1000M Sprint Junior U23 (U12, U16, U23)
- 1000M Sprint Masters 23-50 (23-30, 31-40, 41-49)
- 1000M Sprint Senior 50+ (50-60, 61-70, 71+)
- 1000M SUP Sprint
- Pre-registration entry fee is $30and includes a Sunshine State Games t-shirt. Athletes may compete in as many events as they would like. On-site registration entry fee is $35. On-site registration will be available for Sprints. NO refunds.
- All pre-registration entries must be received by May 24, 2019.
- Each applicant must complete an Individual Entry Form and Waiver of Liability or register online at sunshinestategames.com.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to confirm their registration by visiting sunshinestategames.com or calling toll-free 1-866-FL-GAMES (354-2637).
- Applicants must note partner’s name on Individual Entry Form for C-2 and K-2 events.
- Applicants must note boat classes under column labeled Rating/Rank/Class/Belt” on Individual Entry Form. See format section for boat classes and divisions offered.
- You may enter only one age group division for the day.
- Sprint C1
- Sprint C2
- Sprint K1
- Sprint K2
- Recreational C1 (will run at the same time as Outrigger C1)
- Recreational C2
- Outrigger C1
- Surfski K1
- SUP Sprint (Recreational Board, Racing Board)
- Marathon C-1
- Marathon C-2
- Marathon Outrigger C-1
- Marathon Open Kayak
- This competition will be conducted in accordance with United States Canoe Association and United States
- Canoe & Kayak Federation rules for competition.
- Recreation: Recreation and novice paddlers, recreation canoes only: NO braces or bent shaft paddles allowed.
- Standard: Experienced recreation paddler, recreation and standard canoes, foot braces/bent shaft paddles allowed.
- Competition: Experienced paddlers, competition canoes, foot braces/bent shaft paddles
Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to the top three finishers in each division.
At the discretion of the Sport Director additional awards may be given.
Click here to access hotel information for the Canoe/Kayak Sprint event.
Click here to register for the 2019 Canoe/Kayak Sprints Championship.
FSF Staff Contact
(850) 298-6628 or firstname.lastname@example.org
(850) 488-1422 or email@example.com