Location and Schedule
University of Florida
250 Gale Lamerand Drive
Gainesville, Florida 32611
Sunday, March 8, 2020
8:00 a.m.: Doors open
8:00 a.m.-9:00 a.m.: Athlete Check-in
9:00 a.m.: Opening Ceremonies
This event will now be combined with the Katsu Challenge/USA Karate National Qualifier. For more information and tournament registration – please visit www.KatsuChallenge.com.
We will have a section on the www.KatsuChallenge.com for athlete check-in. Please go to this section to make sure your information was entered correctly. We will be updating this section every few days. If you do not see your information or there is a mistake, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beginners (0-1 years)
Novice (1-2 years)
Intermediate (2-3 years)
Advanced (3 years and over)
*Black belts must register as Advanced
*Brown belts must register as Intermediate or Advanced
5 & Under
35 and over
*The tournament director reserves the right to change or combine divisions if there is less than five competitors per division
- You acknowledge that there will be no refunds for any reason, even if you cannot make the event. Please do not contact us to ask for a refund.
- That you have a 2020 USANKF membership # if you are using this as a qualifier for the Nationals. (See Below)
- That you are registering for one division higher than last year regardless of current belt level. If you were Intermediate last year you must be advanced this year even if you are not a black belt. We will check the 2019 registration list and change your level if required. (This is a USANKF rule requirement)
- Please DO NOT use all capital letters when filling out form. Please only capitalize the first letter of every word.
- Athletes do not have to be a member of the USANKF to participate in this event. However, if you would like to qualify for Nationals – you will need an Individual Membership Number. This is a $50 fee and can be purchased online through the USANKF website. You will have to set up an account if you have not done so yet.
– All white karate uniform with one small patch allowed on left chest.
– Competitors will wear red belt for Aka or blue belt for Ao
– Belts will be provided for those that do not have their own.
– A random pairing of competitors will perform next to one another. Advanced adults will perform their katas individually.
-Male and female divisions will be combined except for advanced 14-34.
-Single Elimination will determine top three places for Beginners, Novice, Intermediate, 13 & under Advanced, and all 35 and over.
-Repechage Elimination for Advanced 14-34
-All competitors may repeat the same kata in each round.
Kumite Rules: WKF Rules Modified
**applies to Beginners, Novice, Intermediate, 13 & under Advanced, and all 35 and over
-1 Minute 30 Second Rounds (Stop time)
-Winner is first to reach 8 points or lead at time expiration
-No head contact with punches
WKF Rules: Advanced Divisions 14-34
-2 Minute Rounds (Stop Time) for 14-17 PKF and WKF women
-3 Minute Rounds (Stop Time) for WKF men
-Winner is first to have lead of 8 points or lead at time expiration
-WKF rules for contact
Spectator Fees: $10.00 per person Cash only (children 5 & under are free)
First, Second, & Third Place – Custom medals.
Participation medals for competitors 9 and under
Hotel information for the Katsu Challenge can be accessed by clicking here.
*Access registration by clicking here.
*Forms must be received by February 24, 2020.
*$80 Kata and/or Kumite
*Includes free tournament t-shirt
*Registration must be received by Feb. 24th for t-shirt
*Late registration up to March 5, 2020
*No registration after March 5, 2020
*All Registrations are final – There are no Refunds.
FSF Staff Contact
(850) 577-7207 or email@example.com
Sensei Jason Sorgi
(352) 354-2860 or firstname.lastname@example.org
(850) 577-7201 or email@example.com